A Word Of Encouragement


As many people would say, "time is of the essence". In simple terms, "I have no time". Each day brings about so much trouble of it's own that it's hard to focus. This summer has been one where for the first time in 2 years I could rest, relax, take the weight of my feet, but because it had been so long since I last had not rushed around, gone on mission, over committed etc it was hard to turn of the work brain and just fall into the comforting arms of serenity.

Rest is equally as important as fighting in the battle day to day. If we don't rest,  how will we have the strength to endure the lengthy battle that lay ahead?

"And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a lonely place and rest a while...." Mark 6:31

We need rest. We need time to dwell. Time to listen to the voice that can give clarity, vision, hope and strength. Time to lift off all the worries that may be surrounding our every thoughts and let it be replaced with the peace that surpasses all understanding. For now let me share some words that I received recently, whilst taking time in my morning to dwell. I hope they will be an encouragement:

In a world where chaos, structure, personal opinions and self-made plans are crafted together by those who want to discern their own way plus influence those around, there's God who says "the best made plans of man will never match up to my own!" We strive to gain understanding in all that we face, yet understanding in the midst of all we do is impossible to come by for it's only after the trail that understanding is accomplished. The thoughts and feelings of man wrestle within him; "This is too uncomfortable. If I can't understand, how will I know where to go?"

'Why are you downcast, o my soul? So disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God.' - (Psalm 42:11) 

Understanding makes it easier, but without we feel lost. Knowing where we are going makes it easier, but not knowing makes us doubt. Filling the void with what feels right to man, only lasts a moment. Letting God take the void and and fill it with His love, lasts eternally and brings hope in the depths of all the darkness that surrounds. 

'Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." - (Psalm 143:8)

"Trust in me my child and it will all make sense in time!" 

Sometimes the challenges of our everyday cause us to challenge ourselves and what we believe in; "is it right that I follow this path?" But what if God is challenging us to teach us something in Him. Maybe it's not the case of stopping and changing direction. Instead, maybe it's a call to press on and persevere. God is so intricate that we will never fully understand the works of His hands. This is why He calls us to trust in Him and to not worry.

God knows the situation better than we ever could, the question is; Do we believe in that which we are involved in? (i.e. a job, a project, a relationship?) How much are you willing to persevere? How much are you willing to put your trust in the one that has it all figured out?

"Trust in me my child and it will all makes sense in time!" 

Comments

Popular Posts