Pursuing Dreams

Take a moment to think over this. A child who is no older than 7 years is playing in the garden with some friends. As the father looks across from the porch he watches them run from one end of the of the garden to the other acting out like they're riding on horses being chased by indians, to then going on an adventure through some unknown territory. For 3 hours the kids randomly come up with an amazing story to which they're all a part of due to their imagination. When all the play has finished and the child returns to the porch his father asks,
"What do you want to be when you grow up?".
The child replies, "I don't want to grow up, I like being a kid."
"Why's that?"
"Because I can be whoever I want to be."

To me that's the best answer anybody could give to that question. The truth of the matter is that we all grow up into adulthood and all the challenges life throws at us. What we don't realise is how much we loose our childlike imagination. We loose the ability to imagine an adventure, a world where we are someone else or ourselves as we would like us to be. The thing is, our imagination sparks the dreams of our hearts.

I used to love coming up with different adventures in the garden when I was little. Now the weight, stress, responsibility of the world is all I can seem to bear. But in the depths of my heart there is that dream, that spark that is pushing me forward and driving my steps day by day. The truth of the matter is, we can be whoever we want to be. Nothing is impossible.
 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. - (2 Chronicles 15:7)(NIVUK)
So here's a question, what is your dream? What is it deep within your heart that sparks and urgency, an explosion of imagination, that shiver down the spine and the voice in the back of your mind saying, 'I can be somebody'? How hard are you willing to to work towards your dreams? Have you already given up?

I constantly have days when I think back and remember my childhood. I remember all the mischief I got up to but I remembered how I didn't have a single worry. I would run around letting my imagination get the better of me. But this is the amazing thing....we need to be child-like! We need to live having dreams and desires, not set them aside for the norms of society and the world around us.
  2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. - (Matthew 18:2-5)(NIVUK)
Are we willing to be completely dependent on God like a child is on their mother and father?. Are we willing to dig up those old dreams and desires that have been covered up for so long?  God is faithful to us and so loving that he can grant us the dreams of our hearts....believe it or not he planted them there in the first place. I've come to realise that there is more to the dream of my heart than I first could ever have imagined. Through patience, dedication, perseverance but more so trust in God, I am beginning to see my dream, my passion catapult itself into a reality that goes far beyond my imagination. What do you want to be when you grow up?.......I want to be the best me that I can be!
3Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: - (Psalm 37:3-5)(NIVUK) 









Comments

Popular Posts