Sacrifice


This is a heartbreaking clip of a man that had to make the unthinkable decision of choosing whether his son lived or a train full of people of which he did not know would live. His pain, the sacrifice of his son resulted in a change of a woman's thinking of her life that ultimately saved her life.

We often find ourselves in situations where we have to make a decision one way or another. Both are hard choices, one inevitably could effect us really deeply. It could be choosing whether to go up to someone and interact with them, talk, joke, make them feel worth and face the torments of those that teased and tormented that person, or instead be selfish to our own needs and not put ourselves out on the edge. It could even be something as small as staying on at work to get the job done instead of leaving things half finished. Whether it's giving up time, money, food etc...sacrifices occur in our daily lives more frequently than we may be aware of.
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - (John 3:16)(NIVUK) 
God did the unthinkable. He sacrificed his son, part of himself so that we could live life to the full. So that we could be free of our burdens, our shame, our sin and live in hope. To walk day to day knowing what a great sacrifice God did for me is overwhelming and instead of taking it all for granted, it makes more sense to me to sacrifice my time, my effort, my luxuries to serving and reaching out to those that need to hear that they are loved. This time, this effort is minimal compared to what God has already done for you and for me.
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.13 Greater love has no-one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - (John 15:12-13)(NIVUK)
It's easy for me to say I would do anything for my friends. I would quite easily give up my time to give them a lift if they need it, I would quite easily give them money if they were in need of it. But what about this....would you  give your life for your friends, more so than that, would you give your life for someone you do not know at all? I've turned my head over time and again thinking about this. If it came down to it, for example, if one of my friends needed part of me to live would I be willing to give them that even if it could ultimately effect me for the rest of my life.....quite frankly Yes!

There is more to life than getting from A to B. Some people look to make the most money, some people look to be famous, some want to rule, some want to have their named remembered forever......there is more to life than this. I don't care about money, I don't care about whether or not my name is remembered. I care about my friends, my family, but more so than that, all those people in this world that need to be given some hope, some love. I am willing to sacrifice my time, my money, my efforts, my life into serving, reaching out for those that need it more than me.
                                          - How much are you willing to sacrifice? 
 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God— this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is— his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. - (Romans 12:1-3)(NIVUK) 

Comments

Popular Posts