The Weight of Stress

Oh wow! Stress is probably one of the things we suffer from most days. Whether it's confrontations, a job interview, a test/ exam of some sort, stress eats us up and makes us feel agitated and worse than that....ill! Stress causes us to feel like everything is becoming undone that whatever we try to do to resolve the situation just makes it worse. Truth is that we have many hurdles that we face in our everyday and sometimes they can be higher and harder to fulfil than normal.

First question: What is the first thing you do when faced with a situation that is causing you stress? 
Sometimes the easiest way out is not the answer. For example giving up or walking away, instead of facing our situations head on would seem to be an obvious option but sometimes we can find ourselves looking back and saying 'what if?' -> this again leads to stress. 
Second question: Do you find yourself blaming someone/something else for the stress you're under?  
It can become very easy to pass the buck as it were onto someone else, but the problem with that is that you then focus all of your anger, blame, ridicule on that one person when a majority of the time they had nothing to do with it or they are undergoing the same amount of stress as yourself....they're just in a different situation. 
26 “When I expected good, then evil came; When I waited for light, then darkness came. 27 “I am seething within and cannot relax; Days of affliction confront me. - (Job 30:27)(NASB) 
I've had it a happen before where I've been struggling in a situation and thought 'why is this happening?' I have even turned on God and questioned my situation. My stomach would be churning as I tried to work out a possible solution and in the end my focus would begin to deteriorate. But where in the past I've turned on God and questioned my circumstance, God has remained faithful to me and waited for me to turn back to him for guidance and reassurance.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, 31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. - (Isaiah 40:30)(NASB)
It's hard when we are faced with what seems to be never-ending circumstances to remain focused. It's easy to let the situation engulf us, cause us stress and discomfort but also change our whole mindset in the long run. I have to constantly remind myself that God is bigger than all my situations. There's no use getting stressed out when I have a God that loves me, cares for me and moreover has the best for me. That's truth for all of us.
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. - (1 Peter 5:6-7)(NASB)

Comments

Popular Posts