Doubts

Doubts! We may not know it, but doubt is one massive stronghold that we all fall victim to. Sometimes it can get to the point that doubt consumes our every being and we begin to question everything:
   
      'I will never be able to do that!' 
      'Do I have a purpose?'
      'That's impossible!'
      'I am a nobody!' 
      'I can't see God so why believe?'
     
When we begin to think these things we are falling into doubt and become engulfed by a cloud that with some people can be frustration, with others anger but with a lot of people it will be a lack of self-worth. When we believe in the the doubts that we are thinking we begin to fall into a downward spiral.
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. Jesus the Way to the Father.  
Thomas said to him, Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him. Philip said, Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us. Jesus answered: Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. - (John 14:1-14) (NIVUK)
What is true a lot today is that people often say, 'if I see it, then I'll believe it!' It has got to that point now that in order for us to believe that something is going to happen we have to see proof to believe it for certain. When we don't see what we want to see we often fall back into doubt.
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. - (James 1:6)
In everything we do we must believe in God and trust that he knows what's best for us. On a personal note I have been working in the same job for 4 years now. I am in the same position as I was when I started and opportunities are few and far between. I know deep down that this is not where I am meant to be. I have moments where I have really got myself down when I could not find another job. I began to get frustrated when some of my friends were blessed with some incredible jobs. I started saying the usual 'why?' Sure enough, I was engulfed by a cloud.

But the more I open up to God and have faith in him and everything he has for me, the more I have the understanding that his timing is perfect and that I should not doubt my potential but instead carry on living by faith and being the best I can in everything I am doing.
 Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig-tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, May you never bear fruit again! Immediately the tree withered. When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. How did the fig-tree wither so quickly? they asked. Jesus replied, I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig-tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - (Matthew 21:18-22) 
How often have you doubted your self-worth, your potential, your very being? Well let be tell you that you are a precious child and have so much potential. We all have the potential, it just depends on our attitude and whether or not we're willing to trust everything in God.
 He replied, Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. - (Matthew 17:20)
   


Comments

Popular Posts