The 'Fruit of the Spirit'

Often as I walk to work or ponder around things at home I start thinking about the life I'm living and where I am going. More often than not I begin to wonder how, in my actions and general attitude in my everyday, can I keep myself on course to everything that God has planned for my life. How can I be the best that I can be, in my everyday?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - (Galatians 5:22-23) 
I look at each of those words attached and think, I do not have a lot of those in my everyday. I can put up my hand and say that in all honesty, there's a lot of things that I do in my everyday that do not echo this. The question is, how important is the 'Fruit of the Spirit' to us, in our growth in life? To each step we take to each decision we make, how important is it to have this as a definition of who we are?
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery (sexual pleasures); idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord (conflict), jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. - (Galatians 5:19-21) 
How many of us can look at this verse and honestly say that we have been at fault for at least 3 of those things? I can put up my hand and say I have. The worst thing is that we continually allow ourselves to be swamped down by the negative, harmful, soul-destroying things that we lose focus of who we are, where we're going and the plans that God has for each of us.

'If we have the Fruit of the Spirit, then that will define who we are through what we say and how we act!'  

Over the next couple of weeks I shall be posting blogs on each word attached to the 'Fruit of the Spirit', looking at them more in-depth and trying to understand how important these things are to defining who we are and our journey and walk each and everyday with God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Comments

Popular Posts