Preparing for the Unknown....

There often comes many times in our lives where we step out and so something that we wouldn't normally do. Though worthwhile, we're stepping out into the unknown because we do not know what's going to happen. Even though these moments seem daunting, often worrying, they also serve as a step of prosperity and self-growth.

I've been blessed with the opportunity to go on mission to serve in another country. Though exciting, this mission is also very daunting for me as it's a huge step into the unknown. I do not know what to expect. I do not know what exactly we're going to be doing. I will meet the members of my team for the first time at the airport before we fly out and for me that's an intimidating prospect. The one comfort I have it that I'm going out to make a difference. I'm going out to be the light for others. I'm going out to possibly change individuals lives for the better and share goodness and love that is often over-shadowed by war, corruption, anger and darkness.
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice. - (Proverbs 31:8-9)
This really put's it into perspective for me. So often I look at my own problems, my own life, my own issues when there is so much more than me. Yes, I am feeling a bit anxious but the most important thing to focus on are those I am going out to help.
For I hold you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. - (Isaiah 41:13) 
This brings me great comfort. Sometimes when we make our steps into the unknown we feel alone and lost. What I love about this verse is how God is stating that he is here to help us. It says in Hebrews that God will 'never leave you nor forsake you'. Through everything God is with us. Though these steps into the unknown are daunting for us, God is urging us to take these steps because it helps us grow.

Perhaps when you're faced with a daunting prospect, when you do not know what's going to happen, when you take a step into the unknown, just remember that through everything you are not alone. That though this step fills you with uncertainty, the certainty is that it's a stepping stone to firstly a better you but also a stepping zone to far greater prospects. Though our dreams for our lives seem big and relevant, Gods plan for our lives are far greater than that which we can imagine. Sometimes it all begins with a step into the unknown.....

Comments

Popular Posts