A Change of Tide

It's funny how being on mission for just 10 days can have such a dramatic change in my life. I've been on mission before but I went out with friends from my church. This time I went out completely by faith, not knowing any one. But I can see now just how brilliant God is. He couldn't have picked a better group of people. I knew this mission was going to be big and that I was going to be changed by doing it. No way was I expecting the changes that occurred, both through the things I did whilst out there to certain feelings and emotions and generally my view on where I'm at but more so a desire to press forward into more of what God has for me.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - (Romans 12:2) (ESV)
Now that I'm back, I shouldn't fall back into my usual routine of daily life. Instead I should learn from my experiences away and my growth in my relationship and walk with God. I have been tested whilst away, like many of those in the group I went out with, and as I look more deeply into my experiences and continue to step out of my comfort zone, then I may understand what God has for me.

I found great sadness in saying goodbye to my new friends. We worked so well together and kept lifting and encouraging one-another too. But the great thing is, none of us believe that this is the end. These last 10 days serving in another country is the foundation for bigger things to come.
...because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. - (Phillipians 1:5-6) (NIV)
I believe that myself and the group I served with will be used again by God. Perhaps we will go out to the same place and continue our works there, or maybe we will be used elsewhere. It's tough coming back to a life where everything in the past was taken for granted. This time now is a time of rest, growth, encouragement and development. God will use us again. It's only a matter of time.

Comments

Popular Posts