Having Faith

I find it hard at times to have faith when it feels like everything is not going my way. I have had a really tough week. My girlfriend is currently in hospital but what makes it hard is that I am over 3 hours away which make me feel kind of helpless in terms of being there for her. I travelled up recently to see her but could only visit briefly before having to return home. It's hard seeing how much she has gone through and wishing I could do more to ease her pain. It's tough circumstances like this that really challenge my faith.
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. - (Hebrews 11:1) (NLT)
I have every hope that my girlfriend will get better. She is slowly getting better, but I have hope that she will get through this and more to become fully well again. I also have confidence in God. Even though I cannot see him, I believe and know that he is there beside my girlfriend, comforting her, bringing her peace and giving her all the strength she needs to overcome this illness that has anchored her.
For we live by believing and not by seeing. - (2 Corinthians 5:7) 
This is so true. Often in everything, we need to see to fully understand, to be convinced that it is real. For example, someone could be sick and in order to believe they are getting better, we need to see improvement in their health physically. But what about those times when you do not see improvement. You begin to think the worse. We often live by the philosophy of 'seeing is believing'! But what about that in which we cannot see? What if a person does not look like they are getting better, but inside they have recovered to the point that what is seen on the outside is actually somebody that is merely just resting, regaining strength. You cannot see that they are better, when actually they are.
In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge,  and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness,  and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. - (2 Peter 1:5-7) 
It is important to realise that though you cannot see something with your eyes, does not mean that it is not real. It has taken me a long time to build my faith up. But through patience and understanding my faith in God has grown. Although I cannot see him physically, I believe that he is here, guiding me, protecting me, and building me up into a stronger person. I suppose that most important thing to take away from this is;
In all things have faith, because it gives us the hope, the assurance and the belief that better things are around the corner. 
                          

Comments

Popular Posts