Trust

How many of us can say that we have one person, one close friend in our lives that we trust 100%? I am one person that is fortunate enough to say that I do. I am even more fortunate enough to say that I have many close friends that I trust completely.

I've known my best friend for about 15-16 years. He is someone I can share anything with. I know he wouldn't tell anyone about what we've shared together or anything I've told him personally. I am blessed to have such an amazing girlfriend. I have opened up to her so much because I trust her and believe that she won't betray that trust. Even though we live so far from each other I know that we are continually growing stronger in our relationship because we trust one-another in all circumstances.

But here's a question....in those times when we just cannot confide in our friends, where we just cannot talk to loved ones, where we're struggling day to day to remain positive, where we're finding it hard to keep carrying a weight on our shoulders, ... can we trust God? Can we trust that he is there and will understand all the troubles that we're going through. That he can help us through any situation. 


When I first became a Christian, I found it hard praying on my own let alone in a group of people or even a huge congregation of people. I felt like I wasn't being heard, like my feelings were not important enough. That I wasn't worth it. 
 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” - (Matthew 11:28-30)(NLT)
God is calling us to come to him in all situations. He will lift that which has caused us so much pain and distress and replace it with his love, his peace, his strength. He is asking us to trust in him in all things because he will listen, he will understand and help us through all things.
 Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. - (John 14:1)
I thank God so much for my friends, my family, my girlfriend. I am so undeserving of such unconditional love. Sometimes it takes time to build up trust. In everything, God is calling us to trust in him and not struggle to carry a heavy weight on our own. In anything; friendship, relationships, work environments etc....trust is key. It binds so much but can be easily broken.

The next time you are struggling with something, why not just take 5 minutes in peace and quiet and let the weight be lifted.


Comments

Popular Posts