Gods Chisel

Have you often stopped a second and looked back say a year ago, maybe even many years ago and seen how much you've changed from where you were to where you are now? I know I have. It's only when I do this that I come to realise just how great God is. He is working in my life at times without me even knowing. I could be having the most rubbish day, but still God is there, working in my life. I am so undeserving of such love, such devotion to me.
 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.. - (Ephesians 2:10) (NLT)
I dread to think what my life would be like had I not found God. But being a Christian is no easy road-trip. The comfort I find when looking back is that I can see change. I can see change from the person I was to person I have now become, and I know this is just the beginning. God is still chiseling away at all that I'm still holding onto.

Think about it. Is there something, maybe many things or perhaps just one small niggley thing that is causing doubts, pain, stress, guilt, frustration, anger, etc? I know there still is deep things I'm hanging onto, some of which I've forgotten as to why I'm still holding onto them. God is willing to step in and set us free from these chains that hold us down, but it's down to us to come to him first.





We ARE an original masterpiece. This video says it all. Though we can have tough days, though we make mistakes, God still loves us. So maybe the next time you look in the mirror. Just take a sec and say, 'I am Gods original masterpiece'! 
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. - (Isaiah 41:10) 



Comments

Popular Posts