Being Strong and Courageous!

There are times when we just do not understand why things happen when they do. My girlfriend was recently submitted into hospital due not being able to move at all. She has been suffering with M.E since October of which her way of life has dramatically changed from being always on the go to now being hardly able to walk or do any sort of activity! I look at the whole situation and think, 'how much more can one person put up with?' 'This is not fair!'
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - (Joshua 1:9) (NIV)
I stumbled upon this verse by accident but am amazed at how relevant and true this is. We can have so many times where we feel afraid of what's going to happen tomorrow, next week or next month. We have moments where we feel depressed, deflated, scared, alone, and lost. But God is saying BE STRONG, BE COURAGEOUS! Instead of letting the situation get us down we should be undaunted, bold, unafraid. We should stand firm and believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel. There is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel.

Instead of letting this situation get to me, I'm going to stand strong and trust that God has it all in hand! If I look unafraid, determined, encouraged, hopeful to my girlfriend, I believe she will be encouraged herself. I know she will get better, because God has a purpose, a plan for her life. He loves her and is with her now, helping her through this situation.

The next time you feel afraid, the next time you feel like everything is against you, stop and believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Be strong and courageous and let nothing get you down.





Comments

Popular Posts