Standing Strong

How many times have you been told or have heard the saying, 'Treat someone the way you would like to be treated'? When I was younger, I didn't really understand this or grasp how true and relevant it is. Looking back at the way I acted at school, there were some occasions where I was a terrible person. I called people names, swore, tried to fit in with crowd.

How many of us have done things to fit in with a certain kind of people. Spoken like them, acted like them, done the same things they do, but then look back and realise that we shouldn't have done that, or that it was a stupid thing to do? I have on many occasions, more so when I was at school. I often wonder where I would be in my life now had I not changed my ways and be who I was meant to be. If I hadn't found God I would most probably still be sucking up to someone that I thought was cool, acting stupidly and using such disgusting language.

I think in many circumstances, we feel vulnerable. There are situations where we are scared, where we see bad things happening and wish we could do something, where we don't know what to do next. We feel intimidated and pressurized a lot and feel forced into doing something we don't necessarily want to do.
The Armor of God
 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peaceIn addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. - (Ephesians 6:10-17)
This verse gives me so much encouragement. In everyday and in each trials we face we must be strong and hold our ground. We need to trust wholeheartedly in God and believe that he will give us the strength we need to endure all that we face. If we stand strong against that which makes us feel vulnerable, from that which pressurizes us, from that which makes us feel weak, if we stand strong holding onto all that God has promised us, putting on the full armor of God.....then we will overcome all obstacles, all hurdles and even mountains that challenge us day in and day out.








Comments

Popular Posts