Love Never Fails

I recently spoke on 'God is Love' at my church. I was thinking how do I put such a big topic into a 15 minute sermon that is relevant and encouraging. I posted a while ago a verse that spoke on Love....
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.... - (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)  
To me this just shows everything that Love is.

Ask yourself this. How many times have you said that you loved something? How many times in a day, week, month have you said that you love something or someone. 'Oh I love chocolate!' 'I love my pets.' 'I love summer.' etc

Love is said so many times these days that perhaps the true meaning has been lost. That is why I appreciate this verse. But how does it relate to God? How does it speak that God is love? I tried something and it changed the whole look of the verse and made it really speak to me.....
God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud. He does not dishonor others, he is not self-seeking, he is not easily angered, he keeps no records of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails....
God never fails, Love never fails, God is love.......God's Love Never Fails!


This opened my eyes to a lot. Even though we have days where we go against God and speak against him, guess what.....he is still here, walking besides us, because he loves us, he is patient and faithful to us. We may have days where we have just had enough. God is still here, wanting us to turn to him.

I have often thought, if God was standing next to me right now in human form, how would he show his love for me and show me he cared for me.....I imagine he would embrace me, tell me that he will always be there, and so long as I believe in him and his love for me, his embrace would protect me from all that wishes to harm me.

I am having a rubbish day today, thinking negatively, thinking 'what next?' But just writing this is reminding me that I am not on my own. That there is better things out there. That God is walking by my side wanting to help, waiting for me to turn to him.

So when you have a rubbish day, just remember that you are not on your own. Day by day God is walking beside you. Day by day God is waiting for you to turn to him so that he can embrace you, protect you and fill you with the love that he has. He will always be there, he will never leave nor forsake you.

God's Love Never Fails









Comments

Popular Posts