You Are Not Alone

There will be rises and falls but just keep you hand firmly close to God's and he will guide you every step of the way.


I wrote this a little while ago and look upon it quite often. I have had many days where I have been stuck in a situation and felt there was no-one I could turn to. I think we have all had that. A moment or several moments in our lives where we have felt completely and utterly alone. We get that sinking feeling in our stomachs, our heads kind of droop, and we sit and wonder if there is anybody out there that can understand what we're going through. 


I'm the kind of person that likes to listen. I like to be there for people that just need to off-load. As my mother often says, "You have broad shoulders." Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than being there for someone when they need it most. I will listen, I will understand as best I can and comfort to the best of my ability. But then, my shoulders are only.....so broad! I have moments where I take on a lot, whether it's being there for someone to work problems, music compositions problems etc. Suddenly it all overwhelms me and I begin to 'turn off' for a bit. I fester on that which I have taken on. I'm trying to do something I am not meant to do......solve everything I face. I am always trying to think of solution, but in doing so I'm making myself more stressed. The lesson is not to solve anything. 
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. - (Proverbs 19:21)
In everything we face we must remember that we are not alone. though we try and get on best we can, there will be situations that are too much to bear. God is here and by recognising this we can trust in him that he will help us through all our situations.
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. - (Deuteronomy 31:8)
The next time you feel alone, hurt, afraid, lost, full of fear......stop and remember. God is here, in our everyday. He is waiting for us to turn to him so that he can help. 
                                                    
There will be rises and falls but just keep you hand firmly close to God's and he will guide you every step of the way.

Comments

Popular Posts