Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

So 2011 is here! I wonder how many people have made New Years Resolutions? Then again, I wonder how many people will keep to their resolutions? I've never been one to make a resolution each year. Yes, it could be because I wouldn't be able to stick to it, but it also could be because I don't like the limitations of sticking to one thing when there is a whole year of prospects, changes, uncertainty, fun, excitement etc.

I've often thought, how many people think each year that that year is their year for great things? I'm the kind of person that likes to know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it. I can be spontaneous at times but in truth, everything must be planned out. But here's the thing. I've entered the New Year completely uncertain of what I'm doing. I don't know what I could be doing in say 3 weeks when an important period at work comes to an end. I don't know where I'm going or what I should be doing. But this is precisely it.

If we have everything planned out to the letter, then there would be no surprises. We would become all too comfortable in our everyday lives that we would end up living from morning to night pretty much doing the process. Yes there's the short spurt of excitement with regards to summer holidays that help break up our routines but in truth day by day, we are doing pretty much the same thing.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - (Jeremiah 29:11)
I love this verse. It speaks comfort for me as I know that although I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going, God does. This leads back to the title: Good Things Come To Those Who Wait. How very true. But although I might have to wait a little while to see what's next in store for me, there's always something I can do that is different each day, helps others, makes me feel good inside and puts a smile on other peoples faces.......Doing Good each and every day.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. - (Matthew 5:16)
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.. - (Luke 6:35)

Comments

Popular Posts