A Glimpse of Beauty

I come from the south of England and many that live here would know that snow is not normally common in winter. We usually get rain, more rain, frost and wait a sec.....more rain. Well that was until now because today saw one of the biggest snowfalls in our country since 1965. What amazes me is how this snow disrupts everything that we have control of. The same could be said of the ash cloud that occurred earlier this year. It disrupted everything (all across Europe) and there was nothing we could do.

This morning I went for a 3 hour hike around my local area and was truly amazed at the change of scenery. It's quite fascinating to see how our man made roads, paths, buildings and vehicles have all been completely covered and transformed. The one word that came in my head time and time again was 'Beautiful'.

 

Many would say that other countries have the means to keep on top of the snow, keep everything running, but this is not strictly true. Snow still causes a lot of problems. The truth of the matter is however much we want control we will never have it!


The truth can be said when Gods son was sent to Earth. Many people loved him, many people hated him and many people took Jesus for granted. Many wanted control over him but no-body could. Jesus came and changed the world, changed our future, and we had no control.
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. - (Ephesians 1:11-12)
I was completely taken aback this morning when I looked out of my bedroom window and when I went for a walk I was stunned at how 'beautiful' this world really is. Something as little as snow can make a difference. Jesus was one man (a part of God), yet he made a difference. God is God and he has and will continue to make a difference in our lives.

How many of you are people that wake up and moan. How many of you are people that wake up and take things for granted. How many of you wake up and just go out and have fun. I have to say all of these refer to me. But today I went out and stood for a second and appreciated the snow, appreciated the countryside, appreciated the world we live in.

It is truly Beautiful!


Comments

Popular Posts