A Step of Faith

It's easy to get lost in everyday life! That's how I've been feeling lately. I'm in a job that I don't like at all and have another job which I love....but it's going no-where.

Sometimes we question what God really has for us. Sometimes we question whether we do in fact have a purpose. Sometimes we question our worth in this world and relegate ourselves to everyday life. That is how I had been feeling when I came to realize that I didn't get a promotion at work.

But kicks like that are Gods wake up call to us. Stop being wrapped up in society and take some time with God. Perhaps what we thought was going to be our life is actually not what God has for us.
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. - (Ephesians 1:11-12) 
I have had moments recently where I have turned away from God and not listened, not believed and not trusted in what he has for my life. His direction for my life. I may not be able to see the doorway but it's there and slowly it's beginning to open.

The next time you think;
                                        - Am I worth it?
                                        - Where am I going?
                                        - I'm lost

                                                                            ....just take a step back and remember.....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - (Proverbs 3: 5-6) 

I am only just beginning to understand this fully, and the step I make in these next few weeks are really going be testing but a true step of faith in to the path God has set for me.
 

Comments

Popular Posts