Love

Whilst at work today I was thinking how blessed I am to have such an amazing God inspired girlfriend who challenges me yet encourages me and helps me grow in my relationship with God. It was only when I returned home that I remembered a talk that I had with her about love.

Now love is one of those words that has lost a lot of meaning! We say it in our every day, whether it's 'I love that coat' to 'I love you'! It's only come to me now how the phrase 'I Love You' perhaps does not hold the same strength, the same depth it once had. It's now that I remember how my girlfriend told me a verse that emphasizes what love is.....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.... - (1 Corinthians 13:4-8) 
This really got me thinking how love is really important. How what we say can really effect how other people can feel. It emphasized all the things we should be in our everyday. So when I say to my girlfriend that I love her....I mean it from the bottom of my heart. There is no need for add-ons like '...so much', '...like crazy'...etc. When I tell my girlfriend that I love her, I know she sees in me the warmth of my heart for her and how deep the meaning goes. I know that when she says it back to me there is kindness, warmth too, as well as a sense of hope.

God loves us the same if not more. So I think when I see something that really appeals to me, perhaps I'll say plainly, 'I really like that', and save the love for the important things that mean the most to me!

The real question is; Is your love when you think it or say like what it is written above. Patient, kind, protecting, trusting, hoping and persevering? I know mine wasn't until I was reminded by someone that loves me fully and unconditionally.

Comments

Popular Posts